people simply don’t know how to work efficiently and productively
CodeProcess focuses on Coding Practices and Development & Management Processes that improve the efficiency and productivity for freelancers, individual developers, and small-to-midsize startups and development teams.
Our topics evolve around:
Software Construction Best Practices and must-have Tools ranging from variable naming conventions, code refactoring, to typical command lines and git workflow.
Development Processes from agile methodology, test-drive development, to continuous integration and deployment automation.
Management Processes from individual time management, team collaboration, to client management and business development.
CodeProcess is a blog that emphasizes efficiency and productivity for freelancers and small-to-midsize teams.
After working in the software industry for a good 15-year ranging:
- from startups to midsize agencies to large corporations,
- from B2B enterprise software to B2C consumer applications,
- from SaaS to mobile games to interactive media,
- from onshore US to onshore Asia to offshore Europe,
- and from an employee to an executive to a startup founder and a business owner;
I have seen the development world evolves not only in terms of technologies but also in the ways that companies, businesses, teams, and individuals collaborate and work together.
What amazed me was that despite so many well established processes, proven best practices, and tested tools; people simply don’t know how to employ them efficiently to improve productivity. This bugged the hell out of me to the point of frustration.
What I’ve realized is that there are many small businesses in the development world out there that include freelancers and small-to-midsize teams who struggle to scale up or be more professional due to the simple fact that they have limited man-power and yet have to handle all the aspects required to run a business or manage a team successfully. They are the 1-man teams who always do much more than what their title may imply.
CodeProcess was born to help freelancers and small-to-midsize teams get more work done with less effort, and find the best bang for the bucks approaches in the day-to-day development operations.
Who it’s for
- If you’re a development freelancer
- If you’re an individual developer, in a team/organization/company, that is looking to improve your own workflow
- If you’re a small-to-midsize startup looking to establish an effective SDLC process
- If you’re a small-to-midsize development team looking to automate your deployment pipeline
- If you’re a small-to-midsize agency looking to get more projects, contracts, and clients
then, I’ve made CodeProcess for you.
CodeProcess best benefits freelancers and developers who consider themselves 1-man teams where besides development they have to wear multiple hats like design, documentation, infrastructure deployment, client management, etc. and need to get those things done in the most effective and productive manner.
Calvin is the founder of CodeProcess. He has been in the Software Industry for more than 15 years. Calvin got a B.S. and an M.S. in Computer Science from UCLA. He dropped out of his Ph.D. midway. It’s still on his mind and one day he may decide to come back for it.